REPORTS TO: Assistant Principal of Athletics
WORK CALENDAR: Varies
REVISED DATE: 10/2013
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coach student athletes in area of assigned responsibility
- Organize and supervise a total sports program
- Establish and maintain good rapport with students, employees, community members and vendors.
- Maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications for this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Valid Arizona teacher certification, or Arizona coaching certification, or Level 1 Certification issued by National Federation of High School Associations (NFHS) (This requirement is only for Head/Varsity positions)
- Obtain and maintain a valid Arizona Identity Verified Prints (IVP) Fingerprint Clearance Card (AZ IVP FPCC)
- Obtain and maintain First Aid/CPR certification
- Completion of NFHS Fundamentals of Coaching Course
- Completion of NFHS online education course entitled, "Concussion in Sports - What You Need to Know"
- Previous successful coaching experience in the assigned sport
- Ability to read and interpret general documents such as employee handbooks and safety/training manuals.
- Ability to write general correspondence and speak effectively with others.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to interpret assortment of instructions furnished in variable forms.
- Ability to apply reason to research and solve moderately complex issues with little or no assistance.
- Knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport and continue to examine new theories and procedures pertinent to the field
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, employee is frequently required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee occasionally will stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Employee will frequently interact with the public and other staff members. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American’s with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
The Dysart Unified School District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Civil Rights Act Title VII of 1972, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990. Dysart Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment or in any of its educational programs or in the provisions of benefits and services to students.