- Coaching/Teaching -Utilize sport specific field/floor/trail coaching and teaching strategies/methods during meets/practices to optimize season long success of sport/team.
- Academic Monitoring -Work with the Student-Athlete Success Coordinator to assure eligibility status and appropriate academic progress of the student-athlete. Specific attention should be given to encouraging an athlete toward completion of graduation requirements.
- Game and Practice Management (10%)-With approval from the head coach, conduct and supervise all meets/practices/events in the assigned sport according to the rules and regulations prescribed by the NJCAA.
- Recruiting -With approval from the head coach, identify and secure high level student-athletes for sport participation and award appropriate scholarship amounts while abiding by all rules and regulations prescribed by the NJCAA, Region XVI, MCCAC, and Jefferson College.
- Promoting Sophomores -Recommend to 4-year college athletic coaches all Jefferson College student-athletes wishing to transfer. Emphasis should be placed on securing athletics scholarships for athletes wanting to continue their pursuit of an athletic and academic career.
- Experience in playing or coaching the sport of volleyball at the collegiate level.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work as a member of a team within the athletic department.
- Associate Degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience.