- College Head Men’s Basketball Coach (Full-Time)
General Description: Bryant and Stratton College -Wisconsin is seeking a head men’s basketball coach. All sports compete at the NJCAA Division II level (scholarship offering). All coaches are responsible for the overall development and advancement of a competitive athletic program while demonstrating high moral and ethical standards and positive sportsmanship. The head coach must focus not only on excellence on the field, but recognize and emphasize academic excellence in the classroom as well. The head coach, along with the athletic director, must operate within the budget to meet the team needs and enforce rules pertaining to the college, student conduct, and governing rules and regulations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The Men’s Basketball Coach serves in the College Athletic Department, under the supervision of the Athletic Director and Associate Athletic Director.
- The Men’s Basketball Coach is responsible for recruiting players, holding tryouts and coaching the intercollegiate basketball team at Bryant & Stratton College. The Men’s Basketball Coach is also responsible for the instruction of players, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- The Men’s Basketball Coach is responsible for all NJCAA Division II rules as it relates to offering scholarships.
- The Men’s Basketball Coach is expected to become knowledgeable of all National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) basketball rules, including student-athlete eligibility requirements.
- The Men’s Basketball Coach is responsible for scheduling, organizing, supervising, and conducting all practice sessions. The Men’s Basketball Coach is expected to attend and conduct practice seasons allowed by the NJCAA during the off season. Practice schedules will be at the discretion of the coach during the basketball season.
- The Men’s Basketball Coach will work with Athletic Director on securing and preparation of practice and game facilities.
- The Men’s Basketball Coach will select assistant coaches with approval Athletic Director.
- The Men’s Basketball Coach will work with the Athletic Director to schedule games. The Men’s Basketball Coach must travel with the team unless alternate arrangements have been approved by the Athletic Director. The Men’s Basketball Coach may be required to drive vans to basketball games.
- The Men’s Basketball Coach will submit all budget requests to the Athletic Director.
- The Men’s Basketball Coach may be required to attend annual NJCAA Region IV meetings.
- The Men’s Basketball Coach must promote the academic success of student-athletes to include monitoring the academic performance of team members to ensure eligibility requirements are met; and encourages student athletes to maintain a high academic standard.
- As representatives of the College, all coaches and student-athletes must conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times. It is the responsibility of the Men’s Basketball Coach to supervise staff and student-athletes while traveling, to ensure the safety of staff and student-athletes.
- Other duties may be assigned by the Athletic Director including fundraising and compliance for the Athletic Department.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree
- Required: Head Basketball coaching experience at the high school level or above.
- Desired: Basketball coaching experience at the college level
- Desired: College recruiting experience
- First aid/CPR certification is a plus.
- Fundraising experience is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, planning and leadership skills required.
- Must be able to serve as a positive role model for young adults.
- Familiarity with NJCAA rules, regulations and compliance is a plus.
- Clean driving record is preferred.