- Men’s Assistant Baseball Coach (Part-time)
General Description: Bryant & Stratton College’s (Wisconsin) Athletic Department is searching for a Men’s Assistant Baseball Coach for the 2019-2020 season. The Baseball team competes in the NJCAA Region 4 Division 2 (scholarship offering). All coaches are responsible for the overall development and advancement of a competitive athletic program while demonstrating high moral and ethical standards and positive sportsmanship. This position may be combined with other open positions on campus as they come available.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The Men’s Assistant Baseball Coach assists the Head Coach is all aspects of the baseball program, with a major focus on recruiting.
- The Men’s Assistant Baseball Coach is responsible for recruiting players, holding tryouts and to assist in coaching the intercollegiate basketball team at Bryant & Stratton College.
- The Men’s Assistant Baseball Coach works with all players throughout the year to develop their skills.
- The Men’s Assistant Baseball Coach is expected to become knowledgeable of all National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) baseball rules, including student-athlete eligibility requirements.
- As representatives of the College, all coaches and student-athletes must conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times. It is the responsibility of the Men’s Assistant Baseball Coach to supervise staff and student-athletes while traveling, to ensure the safety of staff and student-athletes.
- Assisting with scheduling, organizing, supervising, and conducting all practices and games.
- The assistant coach may be required to drive vans to baseball games.
- Other duties may be assigned by the head coach and athletic director
Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
Required: Collegiate playing experience
Desired: Baseball coaching experience at the college level
Desired: College recruiting experience
First aid/CPR certification is a plus.
Excellent interpersonal, organizational, planning and leadership skills required.
Must be able to serve as a positive role model for young adults.
Familiarity with NJCAA rules and regulations is a plus.
Clean driving record is preferred.