Bryant and Stratton College’s (Wisconsin) Athletic Department is expanding its sports offerings by adding Men’s and Women’s Track & Field for the 2020-21 academic year. All sports compete at the NJCAA Division 1 level (scholarship offering). All coaches are responsible for the overall development and advancement of a competitive athletic program while demonstrating high moral and ethical standards and positive sportsmanship. The assistant coach will focus not only on excellence for competitions, but also recognize and emphasize academic excellence in the classroom as well.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- Required: Coaching experience at the high school level or above.
- Required: Coaching experience in the Jumps events (long jump, triple jump, high jump).
- Desired: Coaching experience at the college level.
- Desired: College recruiting experience.
- Desired: Familiar with southeastern Wisconsin high schools
- First Aid/CPR certification is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, planning and leadership skills required.
- Must be able to serve as a positive role model for young adults.
- Familiarity with NJCAA rules and regulations is a plus.
- Clean driving record is preferred.
- The Men’s & Women’s assistant coach assists the head coach is all aspects of the Track & Field program. They are responsible for coaching the Horizontal/Vertical Jumps event group.
- The assistant coach is responsible for scouting and recruiting players, holding tryouts and to assist in coaching the intercollegiate team at Bryant & Stratton College.
- Coaches are expected to become knowledgeable of all National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) rules, including student-athlete eligibility requirements.
- As representatives of the College, all coaches and student-athletes must conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times. It is the responsibility of the assistant coach to supervise staff and student-athletes while traveling to ensure the safety of staff and students.
- Assisting with scheduling, organizing, supervising, and conducting all practices and meets.
- The assistant coach may be required to drive vans to meets.
- Other duties may be assigned by the head coach and athletic director.