This position will be assigned to coach a 3rd grade volleyball team at the World War Memorial Building. coach will provide a quality coed youth activity, for all boys and girls, teaching basic sport fundamentals, while emphasizing sportsmanship and participation by all. The coach is also expected to follow the philosophy set forth by the Bismarck Parks and Recreation District.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend all scheduled meetings and workshops.
- Arrange a meeting with the Facility Specialist prior to your first practice. The purpose of this meeting is to begin communication, develop practice time for season as well as review facility policies and guidelines.
- Organize a practice schedule with Facility Specialist that consists of one practice per week for 3rd grade. Each practice must be structured and be at least one hour in length. A copy of the practice schedule must be given to your players at the first practice provided by Facility Specialist. No weekend practices will be allowed.
- Must sweep the floor prior and after practices and matches.
- Verify that all players have secured a ride home before you leave.
- In the event that a scheduled official is absent, coaches must officiate their own games or recruit a parent to do so.
Qualifications and Conditions:
- Must have knowledge of the fundamentals, rules and skills of volleyball.
- Must possess the ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with facility staff, parents and co-workers.
- Position will require extensive contact with youth and minors.
- Must be able to practice on weekdays and coach Saturday matches. Jamboree will have matches on the Friday evening and Saturday of the last weekend of matches.