This position will be assigned to coach at one of the elementary schools in Bismarck. The philosophy and rules of the program must be followed at all times.
JOB DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Attend all meetings and workshops set up to prepare for and monitor the youth volleyball program.
- Arrange a meeting with the principal, custodian and secretary of the school you are assigned to prior to the start of practices. The purpose of this meeting is to set up a practice schedule as well as review any concerns and rules the school may have prior to the beginning of the season.
- Organize a practice schedule that consists of one practice per week for 4th grade and two practices per week for 5th grade. Each practice must be structured and be about 1 hour in length. A copy of this practice schedule must be given to your school, coordinator, and the Facility Specialist immediately. No weekend practices.
- You must set up nets, standards, scoreboards, and chairs prior to the first match and put them away when you are finished. This is comparable to lifting or moving 50 pounds.
- Must have knowledge of the fundamentals, rules and skills of volleyball.
- Ability to communicate and work with the participants, parents, school secretary, school custodian, co-workers and other coaches.
- Position will require extensive contact with youth and minors as well as adults.
- Must have a flexible schedule to arrange practices and Saturday games.