Milton Hershey School (MHS) is a cost-free home and school for over 2,000 students from lower income. The school’s mission is to nurture and educate the students’ so each one can reach his or her full potential. MHS provides enrolled students a multitude of opportunities, including numerous athletic options with access to state-of-the-art athletic facilities led by a committed coaching staff. MHS is currently seeking a Developmental 5th & 6th grade Assistant Swim Coach to assist the head coach for a one-year ancillary position at the Middle School. The Assistant is responsible to provide direct support to the program athletically, as well as instilling character so they excel in their sport and in life. Practice hours are Monday through Friday from 3:15 pm – 5:30 pm.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- At least 1 year of successful coaching experience, while also instilling high quality character.
- Must have current knowledge of techniques, rules and regulations, and training theory of the sport.
- Ability to teach beginning and advanced skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead & inspire diverse youth. Experience working with lower income students preferred.
- Ability to interact with student athletes at different skill levels in a positive and professional manner.
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written) required.
- Demonstrated exceptional organizational and planning skills.
- Spanish fluency a plus.
- Candidates should demonstrate high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are considered to be role models for students.