The assistant coach will work with the head coach and activities director to ensure the highest possible level of service is delivered to students while fostering a culture of academic excellence. Further, in conjunction with the head coach, the assistant coach will help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem.
- Directs, plans, organizes and evaluates all aspects of tournaments and major events from inception to completion.
- Works closely with the Activity Director in scheduling events.
- Demonstrates effective human relations and communication skills.
- Manage all event set-up, tear down, and follow-up processes.
- Conduct final inspections on the day of the event to ensure everything adheres to the standards.
- Complies with good safety practices.
- Previous coaching experience in assigned sport, preferred.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the board may deem appropriate.