Instruct athletes in team and individual fundamentals, strategies, and physical training necessary for them to realize individual and team success. At the same time, the student shall receive instruction that will lead to the formulation of positive values, pride of accomplishment, acceptable social behavior, self-discipline and self-confidence.
- Current Illinois Teaching Certificate or IESA/Human Kinetics Coaching Essentials (Formerly ASEP).
- Prior participation or coaching experience in sports preferred.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exemplary character and ethics.
- All coaches must submit to a criminal background check.
- Obtain/maintain CPR/AED Certification.
- Successfully complete prior to start of season, IESA/IHSA concussion protocol (renew every two years).
- Complete assigned District on-line trainings.
- Demonstrates exemplary sportsmanship and good character within all aspects of the program.
- Assists in scheduling of practices.
- Completes IESA forms/online entries with assistance of the athletic director (as required).
- Collects and submits all forms, waivers, and participation fees from athletes prior to first contest to building athletic director.
- Adheres to IESA Eligibility requirements.
- Supportive of the District and the program at all times.
- Works collaboratively with other grade level coach within the sport.
- Arrives prior to athletes and is prepared for all scheduled practices/games; and remains until all student athletes are in custody of a parent/guardian prior to leaving all practices/events for this sport.
- Assumes the position of the other grade level sport coach if the situation is necessitated.