Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and instruction to participants in the skills necessary for achievement in specific sport.
- Organize, develop and implement the sport program including game preparation and practice schedules.
- Oversee the safety conditions of the facilities or area in which the sport is conducted at all times that students are present.
- Enforce discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times, and establish and oversee consequences for breach of such standards by individual students.
- Maintain competency in rules, rule interpretations; meet procedures, coaching techniques and general information about all aspects of the sport.
- Establish performance criteria for participation in interscholastic competition in the specific sport and is consistent in establishing criteria for participation for competition.
- Select and supervise assigned coaching staff in cooperation with administration.
- B.A. degree with a major or minor in physical education or equivalent hours and courses in coaching theory is preferred.
- Valid Iowa teaching license preferred.
- Experience in physical education, coaching, first-aid, CPR and sports medicine preferred.
The Linn-Mar Community School District shall provide equal opportunity to employees and applicants for employment in accordance with applicable equal employment opportunity and affirmative action laws, directives, and regulations of federal, state, and local governing bodies. In employing individuals, the District will consider the qualifications, credentials, and records of the applicants without regard to age, color creed, national origin, race, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical attributes, genetic information, physical or mental ability or disability, ancestry, political party preference, political belief, military status, socioeconomic status, pregnancy, or familial status.