Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for care and issuance of all football equipment used by the team.
- Communicate with high school coaching staff(s) and attend meetings or mini clinics at high school(s) to ensure continuity in the DCSD 7-12 grade football program.
- Understand, monitor and enforce district academic standards, policies and eligibility requirements.
- Develop players to their fullest potential, starting with the basic fundamentals of the game of football and progressing to skills beyond what is considered average.
- Understand and promote good sportsmanship among student-athletes.
- Supervise players at all practices and games, as well as in the locker room and on the bus.
- Work in cooperation with the building Activity Director and with the Director of Athletics for the Davenport Community Schools
- Other duties as assigned by administration.
- Must possess valid Iowa coaching authorization and submit completed NFHS Online Concussion Course.
- Ability to communicate effectively with players, coaches, parents, and others who work with the program.
- Recognition of the need for confidentiality with respect to student and parental rights to privacy, as well as confidentiality of all conversation and hard copy information
- Ability to create enthusiastic, positive environment that promotes future student participation in the program.