Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with supervision of all phases of the basketball program-planning, strategy, instruction in fundamentals, and so forth.
- Responsible for care and issuance of all basketball equipment used by the team.
- Communicate with high school coaching staff(s) and attend meetings or mini clinics at high school(s) to ensure continuity in the DCSD 7-12 grade football program.
- Understand, monitor and enforce district academic standards, policies and eligibility requirements.
- Develop players to their fullest potential, starting with the basic fundamentals of the game of basketball and progressing to skills beyond what is considered average.
- Understand and promote good sportsmanship among student-athletes.
- Complete required reports and record accurately and in a timely manner.
Special Qualification Desired:
- Must possess valid Iowa coaching authorization and submit completed NFHS Online Concussion Course.
- Ability to communicate effectively with players, coaches, parents, and others who work with the program.
- Recognition of the need for confidentiality with respect to student and parental rights to privacy, as well as confidentiality of all conversation and hard copy information.
- Ability to create enthusiastic, positive environment that promotes future student participation in the program.