Guide student athletes in the achievement of a high level of skill, discipline, sportsmanship, and citizenship. To oversee and promote the athletic program in accordance with MHSAA and PSD standards.
- Valid Michigan Teachers Certificate preferred.
- Previous successful coaching experience.
- Knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of Basketball.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans and communicates with coaching staff regarding practice schedule and competition strategies which ensure the health, physical well-being and success of student athletes.
- Manages the distribution and collection of uniforms and sport specific inventory.
- Ensures that all student athletes are in compliance with District requirements including athletic physicals, student code of conduct, athletic fees paid, academic eligibility and all other standards included in the district athletic handbook.
- Models/instills values of sportsmanship, citizenship, and teamwork.
- Properly supervises student athletes during all related activities and events.
- Maintains individual and team statistics and records.
- Plans and implements a seasonal awards recognition program.
The Parchment School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, including sexual orientation and/or transgender identity, disability, age, religion, height, weight, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information or any other legally protected category in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities.