Performs intermediate professional work assisting the Activities Director with planning, implementing, coordinating, and evaluating K-12 sporting activities and events; managing sports program development and department finances; overseeing facility and equipment use and care; developing positive, motivated student-athletes and students; aligning sports goals with school district strategy, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the limited supervision of the Activities Director/Assistant Principal.
- Coordinates manages and facilitates school-based youth sports.
- Completes continuing education courses, meetings, and events.
- Promotes positive communication between coaches, parents, students, and outside agencies.
- Integrates goals and standards of the school into the sports programs and events.
- Assists the Athletic Director with evaluating and hiring coaches.
- Serves as a spokesperson for sports when conversing with the media.
- Provides various types of electronic and paper communication to the School Board, parents, students, staff, and administrators regarding sport policies, changes, and updates to the sport program.
- Coordinates the selection, instruction, training, and conditioning of athletes at differing levels in specific sports.
- Bachelor’s degree with coursework in physical education, education, education administration, athletic training, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Iowa Teaching license or completion of Iowa Coaching Authorization.
- Must maintain appropriate certifications and licensure.
- Experience working in a multicultural setting and with diverse groups of people preferred.
- Alternatives to the qualifications as the Superintendent may find appropriate and acceptable will also be considered.
- Valid driver’s license in the State of Iowa.