Position is responsible for coaching junior high student athletes, organizing practices, teaching skill development, game strategies and techniques to prepare them for athletic competition.
- Experience as a coach or as a participant in the sport.
- Knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the school administrations, coaches, parents and students.
- Organize and direct practices.
- Emphasize good sportsmanship and appropriate sports participant behaviors.
- Provide a supportive environment during practices and games.
- Model appropriate behavior toward players, officials and spectators.
- Keep track of athletic equipment and uniforms issued to your team.
- Prepare facilities for all home games.
- Provide scorekeepers and time clock for all home games.
- Adhere to the Byron coaches handbook.
- Follow district transportation policies.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by the head coach, and/or Activities Director.