- Position Type:
Athletics/Activities/8th Grade Boys` Head Basketball Coach
- Date Posted:
SOUTHPORT MIDDLE SCHOOL
- Closing Date:
To instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the coach must instruct and demonstrate behaviors that lead to socially acceptable character development, self-discipline, self-confidence, and pride of accomplishment in the student athletes. To upgrade his/her knowledge and skills through coaching clinics, observations, consultation, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of all the athletic policies.
- Knowledge of existing system, state and league regulations; implements same consistently and interprets them for staff.
- Ability to organize and supervise a total sports program.
- Substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport and, at the same time, must continue to examine new theories and procedures pertinent to the field.
- Ability to serve as an appropriate role model for student athletes through his/ her instructions and actions.
- Serves as a mentor to each athlete to promote the development and demonstration in student athletes with character traits of trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship.
- Gives constant attention to a student athlete's grades and conduct.
- By his/her presence at all practices games and while traveling, provides assistance, guidance and safeguards for each participant.
- Provides training rules and any other unique regulations of the sport to each athlete who is considered a participant.
- Initiates programs and policies concerning injuries, medical attention and emergencies.
- Completes paperwork on all disabling athletic injuries on proper forms and submits to athletic office within 24 hours.
- Directs student managers, assistants and statisticians.
- Determines discipline, delineates procedures concerning due process when the enforcement of discipline is necessary and contracts parents when a student is dropped or becomes ineligible.
- Assists athletes in their college or advanced educational selection.