The High School Head Coach will be responsible for the planning, organization, and successful implementation of a comprehensive interscholastic athletic program, and to carry out the objectives of the District’s High School athletic program. The High School Head Coach also carries overall responsibility for the Junior Varsity (JV) and Freshman level programs.
- Complies with all HIPAA and FERPA related confidentiality requirements.
- Develops positive relations with students, parents, school staff and the public, including members of the media, boosters, officials, players, other coaches, school administration, and fans.
- Serves as a positive role model for students, coaching staff, and the community.
- Demonstrates knowledge of proven coaching theories, strategies, and techniques and works with student athletes of varying abilities, socio-economic, and cultural backgrounds to effectively implement these attributes.
- Instills commitment, discipline, sportsmanship, respect, and teamwork to all athletes and coaching staff.
- Assumes responsibility for inventory, selection and care of sports equipment and District facilities.
- A valid Arizona Teaching Certificate is preferred but not required.
- Be well versed in the Arizona Interscholastic Association (AIA) organization and its bylaws and requirements.
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain a National Federation of States High School Association Level 1 Certification.
- Collegiate level playing experience in the associated sport is highly desirable with high school level playing experience expected as a minimum requirement.