- Possess a valid coaching authorization or the credentials of a certified teacher with an endorsement for coaching.
- Demonstrated aptitude for performing tasks listed.
- Must exhibit ethical practices, and be a role model to students.
- Keep abreast of new ideas and techniques in the sports field assigned
- Be knowledgeable of rules and regulations plus changes that occur
- Coach individual participants in the skill areas necessary for excellent achievement in the sports involved, as assigned by the head coach
- Carry out duties as assigned by the head coach in the sport involved as it would pertain to clerical work, strategy meetings, equipment issue and return, facility preparations and supervision
- Support the head coach by abiding by his/her policies and rules which are set forth to help maintain growth of the total sport program at all levels.
- Carry out duties as assigned by the head coach in the sport involved as it would pertain to both pre-season and postseason activities (as needed).
- Other duties as assigned related to coaching.
Waukee Community School District is an equal opportunity employer.