To instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the coach must instruct and demonstrate behaviors that lead to socially acceptable character development, self discipline, self confidence, and pride of accomplishment in the student athletes.
- Has the ability to organize and supervise a total sports program.
- Has previous successful coaching experience in assigned sport.
- The coach must have substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport and, at the same time, must continue to examine new theories and procedures pertinent to the field.
- The coach must serve as an appropriate role model for student athletes through his/her instructions and actions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The success of athletic programs has a strong influence on the community's image of the entire system. The public exposure is a considerable responsibility and community/parent pressure for winning performance is taxing, but must not override the objectives of good sportsmanship and good mental health.
- The position includes other unusual aspect such as extended time, risk injury factor and due process predicaments.
- It is the express intent of this job description to give sufficient guidance to function. In cases not specifically covered, it shall be assumed that a coach shall exercise common sense and good judgment.