This position requires the applicant to have a flexible schedule to accommodate daily practices and contests, including travel time. The applicant will also be expected to assist in all aspects of the program.
- Directs and oversees the development of a successful program.
- Assists with the organization of practices and the instruction of athletes in the fundamentals.
- Develops leadership skills, positive self-image, and pride in athletes.
- Implements SMS athletic philosophy concerning attitude, discipline, rules and academic standards.
- Fosters good working relationships with parents, teaching staff, other coaches and the community.
- Hold Concussion and Steroid Training Certification; First Aid/CPR & Epi-Pen/Medical Training.
- Experience or expertise in other coaching areas.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Maintain a high level of ethical behavior.