To instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy, and physical training necessary to realize individual and team success. At the same time, the coach must instruct and demonstrate behaviors that lead to socially acceptable character development, self-discipline, self-confidence, and pride of accomplishment in the student-athletes.
- Has the ability to organize and supervise a total sports program.
- Has previous successful coaching experience in assigned sport. (Major sports)
- The head coach must have substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport and, at the same time, must continue to examine new theories and procedures pertinent to the field.
- The head coach must serve as an appropriate role model for student-athletes through instructions and actions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- They established the fundamental philosophy, skills, and techniques to be taught by staff. Designs conferences, clinics, and staff meetings to ensure staff awareness of the overall program.
- Trains and informs staff and encourages professional growth by encouraging clinic attendance according to local clinic policy.
- Delegates specific duties, supervises the implementation, analyzes staff effectiveness at season's end, and evaluates all assistants.
- Maintains discipline, adjusts grievances, and works to increase morale and cooperation.
- Performs such other duties which may be assigned by the athletic director/principal.
- Permits the athletes to only be in authorized areas of the building at the appropriate times.