The Middle School Head Coach will be responsible for the planning, organization, and successful implementation of a comprehensive interscholastic athletic program, and to carry out the objectives of the District’s Middle School athletic program.
- A valid Arizona Department of Education issued Teaching Certificate (Athletic Coaching 7-12) OR National Federation of High Schools (NFHS) Level 1 Certificate is preferred but not required.
- Fundamentals of Coaching.
- Concussion in Sports.
- First Aid, Health & Safety.
- Familiar with Arizona Interscholastic Association (AIA) organization and its bylaws and requirements.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a valid Arizona Identity Verified Prints (IVP) Fingerprint Clearance Card within forty-five (45) days of employment.
- Complies with all HIPAA and FERPA related confidentiality requirements.
- Develops positive relations with students, parents, school staff and the public, including members of the media, boosters, officials, players, other coaches, school administration, and fans.
- Serves as a positive role model for students, coaching staff, and the community.
- Demonstrates knowledge of proven coaching theories, strategies, and techniques and works with student athletes of varying abilities, socio-economic, and cultural backgrounds to effectively implement these attributes.
- Instills commitment, discipline, sportsmanship, respect, and teamwork to all athletes and coaching staff.
- Assumes responsibility for inventory, selection and care of sports equipment and District facilities.
- Assumes responsibility for the supervision of all student athletes and other students under their care.
- Reports sports related injuries to District administration in a timely manner.