To instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the coach must instruct and demonstrate behaviors that lead to socially acceptable character development, self discipline, self confidence, and pride of accomplishment in the student athletes. To upgrade his/her knowledge and skills through coaching clinics, observations, consultation, etc.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Understands the proper administrative line of command and refers all requests or grievances through proper channels. Is aware of all public/staff/departmental meetings that require attendance.
- Established the fundamental philosophy, skills and techniques to be taught by staff. Designs conferences, clinics and staff meetings to insure staff awareness of the overall program.
- Trains and informs staff, encourages professional growth by encouraging clinic attendance according to local clinic policy.
- Delegates specific duties, supervises implementation and, at season's end, analyzes staff effectiveness and evaluates all assistants.
- Maintains discipline, adjusts grievances and works to increase morale and cooperation.
- Performs such other duties which may be assigned by the Athletic Director, Assistant Athletic Director or Principal.
- Assists the athletic director in scheduling, providing transportation and requirements for tournament and special sport events.
- Assists in the necessary preparation to hold scheduled sport events or practices and adheres to scheduled facility times. Coordinates program with maintenance and school employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in education or a related field.
- Valid Indiana teaching license, preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience as a Head Coach, preferred.
- Motor Vehicle Operator's License or ability to provide own transportation.