The Academic Coordinator guides teachers to improve instructional practice to heighten student academic achievement. Academic Coordinators will be assigned to provide services to buildings.
- Model effective K-12 Physical Education instructional strategies and appropriate use of instructional materials.
- Recommend placement assignments and specific schedules of K-12 Physical Education staff members.
- Evaluate K-12 Physical Education staff members.
- Consult with human resources on the interviewing, recommendation, and hiring of K-12 Physical Education staff.
- Prepare and monitor a K-12 Physical Education budget, and assist principals and staff in its use.
- Work with K-12 Physical Education staff to identify instructional materials, equipment, and other needs.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with civic, professional, service, and community organizations.
- Coordinate and manage district events, and consult on school events.
- Assist in the planning of new or remodeled K-12 Physical Education facilities.
- Monitor and support the implementation of the district prescribed curriculum and instructional practices.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution.
- Valid Ohio K-12 Physical Education teaching license.
- Valid Ohio Administrator’s license.
- A Minimum of five years teaching experience in the content area. Urban classroom/administrative experience preferred.
- Documented experience in a building leadership/supervisory role.
- Knowledge and experience with research-based, effective instructional practices.
- Curriculum development experience preferred.