The Academy Coach will create training methods to develop and guide each participant's skills, knowledge of the sport, and goal setting. Participants of all ages on the team should gain an understanding of good sportsmanship, confidence, and the core values of the YMCA.
- Serve as a role model to members and Y staff and at all times lives the mission, vision and values of the YMCA movement.
- Develop, implement, schedule and run academy style team practices focusing on skill development.
- Demonstrate and emphasize skills development including safety, fair play, and sportsmanship while setting realistic and age-appropriate expectations for team members. Able to build rapport with team participants.
- Ensure all team participants receive equal playing time.
- Ensuring the safety of the team during practice sessions and games by following proper precautions and regulations.
- Communicate with program participants and parents about information regarding the academy activities, goals, practices, etc. Able to respond to questions and concerns for the same.
- Prefer 18 years of age or older.
- Prior experience in coaching or the specified sport at a high/elite level.
- Must have an understanding of how children learn, while having the ability to communicate clearly and directly with them.
- Possess strong organizational, time management, and communication skills.