The Academy Strength and Conditioning Coach holds the primary role and responsibility of managing the day-to-day strength and conditioning operations for the San Jose Earthquakes development Academy teams. The coach holding this position will be an integral part of the preparation of our developmental Academy athletes for athletic performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing the day-to-day performance needs of all Academy teams
- Design and implementation of the strength and conditioning programs-based age, team, and individual athlete’s needs.
- Organize and input data for the athletic performance database to ensure accurate reporting of athlete progress and planning.
- Coordinate athletic performance assessments for assigned teams and athletes.
- Assist with the implementation and evaluation of Performance for all athletes.
- Design and implementation warm-up and recovery strategies for assigned teams.
- Utilization of gym for delivery of strength training and performance education.
- Communicate with team coaching staff regarding workload periodization planning and interventions.
- Collaborate with the Sports Medicine Staff to develop sports-specific, return to play programming for players returning from injury.
Licenses or Certifications:
- CSCS OR CSCC Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Member of and in good standing with NSCA.
- Current professional CPR & AED certification.