Fully implements the educational activities of the gymnasium and the classroom. Receives general supervision from the building principal and technical supervision from Central Office. Teaches physical education to grades K-5.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with instructional supervisor to implement, strengthen, improve program.
- Keeps informed of new developments in curriculum, instruction methods and computer programs.
- Implements new and established programs.
- Provides students with diversified learning activities.
- Helps interpret the curriculum and Adaptive P.E., IEP Goals and objectives to parents, students and staff.
- Teaches students good study habits.
- Promotes positive self-concept in each student; provides encouragement to each student to develop his or her full potential.
- Understands social and emotional adjustments of students.
- CT certification in Physical Education, Pre-K-12.
- Ability to work with multicultural student population.
- Knowledge and skills required would generally be acquired with a Bachelor's degree in Education or in a field appropriate to physical education.
- Ability to mix gender instruction.
- Knowledge of teaching methods, materials, practices applicable to elementary school teaching.
- Human relations skills to work effectively with students, parents, school administrators and school staff.