To enable students to derive the fullest possible educational experience from school by providing a full range of pupil appraisal services to students in need of such assistance.
- Provide the appropriate services to exceptional students according to the multidiscipliary evaluation results and the decision of the IEP committee.
- Assist in the evaluation of students suspected of being exceptional according to established criteria as stated in Bulletin 1508.
- Participate in IEP committee meetings on all students requiring services and maintains an annual review of IEPs on students being served.
- Provide needed treatment according to IEP goals.
- Obtain orders from the student's physician, when regulations require prior to providing services.
- Provide necessary in-service training for school personnel and parents on topics and techniques related to the staff member's area of expertise.
- Cooperate with the personnel of social agencies and community health personnel.
- Serve as an evaluation coordinator for referred students when designated to do so.
- The applicant shall possess the certification required by the applicable rules and regulations of the Louisiana State Department of Education and/or the Louisiana Board of Elementary and Secondary Education at the time that the applicant begins to hold the position.
- Applicant should be knowledgeable about Louisiana Bulletin 1508 evaluation procedures, pupil appraisal responsibilities of serving as a school contact person, including SBLC, RTI (academic / behavior), IEP, 504, and IDEA discipline procedures.
- National Certification and school system experience is preferred.