- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree; preferably in Health/Physical Education.
- Hold a current Virginia or out-of-state teaching license in Health and Physical Education; or hold a Physical Education provisional license with plans to fulfill the requirements to obtain a Physical Education professional license.
- Implement and provide regularly scheduled health and physical education classes to physically restricted and/or intellectually challenged students.
- Organize, lead, instruct, and referee indoor and outdoor games.
- Provide developmentally appropriate classroom instruction to assigned students according to IEP/IPP goals and objectives, student strengths and learning preferences, research-supported methods and techniques, and Liberty Point recommended practices.
- Implement the Behavioral Program at Liberty Point, assess and document students’ behavior progress (or lack of progress), and adjust behavioral strategies as needed and in consultation with the treatment team in order to maximize students’ behavioral success.
- Assess students’ academic achievement continually through a variety of methods, document progress (or lack of progress), and adjust instructional planning as needed to maximize student achievement.
- Maintain consistent communication with other staff at the facility, including parent(s)/guardians, and local education agencies by consulting with team members, attending meetings, keeping accurate records, completing progress reports, making phone calls, writing letters and updating IEP’s/IPP’s.
- Participate in professional development activities including on-site training and relevant off-site classes, workshops, etc.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.