The Cornerstone School is looking for an Adapted Physical Education Teacher 3 days per week, 8:30am-3pm. The A.P.E. Teacher is responsible for serving as a Physical Education Teacher for children with severe/profound challenges. The Adapted Physical Education Teacher is responsible for student evaluations and recommendations, provide physical education activities for all students, provide individual/group instruction, perform classroom observations during PT/OT sessions, consult, participate in I.E.P.'s, write reports and other duties as assigned.
- Adaptive Physical Education endorsement or in process of completion;
- Experience with students with multiple disabilities;
- Ability to pass background clearances;
- At least 1 year of relevant experience preferred;
- Bachelor degree preferred;
- Citizenship, residency or work visa required.
Cornerstone School/AccessPoint Ri is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws.