Liberty Point Behavioral Healthcare is actively seeking a highly-motivated individual with strong leadership skills, impeccable communication skills, flexible work hours, strong interpersonal skills, and sharp attention to detail to fulfill the role of certified Physical Education Teacher in our on-campus school, Liberty Point Academy.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree; preferably in Health/Physical Education.
- Hold a current Virginia or out-of-state teaching license in Health and Physical Education; or hold a Physical Education provisional license with plans to fulfill the requirements to obtain a Physical Education professional license.
- Implement and provide regularly scheduled health and physical education classes to physically restricted and/or intellectually challenged students.
- Organize, lead, instruct, and referee indoor and outdoor games.
- Provide developmentally appropriate classroom instruction to assigned students according to IEP/IPP goals and objectives, student strengths and learning preferences, research-supported methods and techniques, and Liberty Point recommended practices.
- Implement the Behavioral Program at Liberty Point, assess and document students’ behavior progress (or lack of progress), and adjust behavioral strategies as needed and in consultation with the treatment team in order to maximize students’ behavioral success.
- Assess students’ academic achievement continually through a variety of methods, document progress (or lack of progress), and adjust instructional planning as needed to maximize student achievement.