The Adaptive Physical Education Teacher will provide direct and consultative services to students with disabilities who require adaptive physical education as well as participate in the IEP process for students either being evaluated for or already receiving said services in order to deliver Framingham Public Schools’ high expectations for achievement, equal access to high levels of instruction, the achievement of academic proficiency for all students, and the closing of the achievement gap among subgroups within the schools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with the Physical Education Department to ensure students with adaptive needs can access physical education classes, through accommodations and modifications
- Develops goals and objectives for students with disabilities who qualify for adaptive physical education services
- Provides direct services to students with disabilities that aligns with their individual goals and specific needs
- Assesses and reports on the progress of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Maintain accurate records, reports, and files on individual students
- Assist in identifying, developing, and implementing appropriate use of resources to ensure the safety of the students being serviced
- Participate in all aspects of the IEP process, including assessments, reports, goal writing, and overall IEP development.
Framingham Public Schools complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the District has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Framingham Public Schools expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.