San Bernardino Community College District accepts applications for part-time, hourly adjunct positions for our two college campuses (San Bernardino Valley College and Crafton Hills College) on a continuous basis. However, this does not imply the department is actively recruiting for this position.
- Perform additional working hours, which may include the breaks (spring, summer and winter), weekends, and evenings.
- Take and pass the California Community College Athletic Association (CCCAA) exam.
- Help the head coach organize and execute an aggressive scouting and recruiting program of local and regional high school student athletes and out-of-state student athletes; actively participate and support high school visitations; establish individual contacts with athletes and parent/ guardians; follow-up correspondence/emails; lead campus tours for prospective student athletes.
- Scout opponent teams.
- Assist current and prospective student athletes to the appropriate resource to ensure their success (i.e. admissions office, financial aid office, tutoring centers, athletic counselor).
- Assist in monitoring that student-athletes get grade checks completed by professors and turned in to the coaches in a timely manner.
- Assist in maintaining accurate records of any required physical exam documentation and injury records for the student-athletes.
- Any bachelor's degree and two (2) years of professional experience OR any associate degree and six (6) years of professional experience.
- A minimum of two years of experience coaching high school and/or college age footballas part of a club or team.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to, understanding of, and respect for the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, religious, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.