Thiel College seeks highly personable candidates with exceptional organizational, problem-solving, and customer service skills to provide executive-level administrative support for the Director of Athletics and functional support to the Division of Athletics.
- Provide support to the Athletic Director and athletic departmental staff;
- Serve as the point of contact by welcoming visitors and answering/directing telephone calls and electronic inquiries;
- Schedule meetings and appointments and maintain/manage the calendar for the Director of Athletics and athletic facilities;
- Coordinate all outgoing and incoming mail and distribute it to staff/coaches;
- Assist with and coordinate high-quality athletic department events;
- Assist with maintaining and monitoring departmental budgets;
- Assist in communication with other colleges and associations;
- Coordinate student-athlete class excuses.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required and bachelor’s degree is preferred;
- 3-5 years’ administrative assistant/secretarial experience in a professional, confidential office environment is preferred;
- Experience working in higher education is preferred;
- Excellent computer skills (including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite), verbal/written communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills are a must.