Assists in providing a safe environment for adult hockey games. Responsible for ensuring the safety of players and participants by calling penalties and violations in accordance with USA Hockey and Mountain Recreation adult hockey rules. Responsible for monitoring behavior, play and actions of participants while on ice and off ice prior to and after games. Intercedes in any disputes and activities on or off the ice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the rules, regulations, and gameplay involved in hockey, and possess the ability to enforce rules during games in a professional manner.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with individuals and/or groups of people.
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently provide satisfactory customer service and possess ability to take necessary steps to assist customers with their needs.
- Knowledge of policies, procedures, and strategies to promote safety operations relevant to the Recreation Department.
- Visually inspect ice surface, goals, nets, and dasher boards to ensure a safe playing environment for players.
- Ability to perform satisfactory maintenance on required equipment in a safe and responsible manner.