As an Adult Sports Director, you will be responsible for developing coordinating, and providing administrative support for the University Y Student Center and the Tacoma Center YMCA. If hired for this position, you will provide leadership, instruction, and motivation for program participants through innovative program development, evaluations, and ongoing training of staff and volunteers.
- Create, organize, and supervise league programs; recruit players and coaches; train coaches; officiate games, order equipment and uniforms; schedule games/practices as needed, events, tournaments, etc.
- Overseeing the coordination and scheduling of leagues and tournaments.
- Supervisethe organization of all paperwork and collection of program statistics.
- Supervise the recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling, supervising, and evaluating league officials and IM supervisors.
- Oversee scheduling and coverage of facility staff shifts and follow up on issues addressed within daily reports and forms.
- Knowledgeable and well-versed in the duties of IM supervisors, officials' rules, and scorekeepers.
- Direct and supervise program activities to meet YMCA objectives. Expand Adult Sports programs within the Community Center and community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- A commitment to valuing and promoting diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Bachelor's degree and/or two years related knowledge and experience that includes supervision, fiscal management, program development, staff and volunteer development (preferred).
- Knowledge of and experience in planning, organizing, and implementing age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities.
- Referee experience (preferred).
- Rockwall experience (preferred).
- Positive attitude and previous experience with diverse populations.