Athletic Coaches instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for athletes to realize a degree of individual and team success. Coaches should instruct and demonstrate behaviors that lead to socially acceptable character development, self-discipline, self-confidence, and pride of accomplishment in student athletes.
What You’ll Do – Accountabilities:
- Work effectively with students of differing ages, abilities, and backgrounds.
- Establish and maintain effective working relations with program and school personnel.
- Serve as an appropriate role model for student-athletes through his/her instruction and action.
- Follow directions and function within program and school policies and procedures.
- Give constant attention to a student-athlete’s grades and conduct.
- Be present at all games, practices, and while traveling.
- Provide assistance, guidance, and safeguards for each participant at all times.
- Complete paperwork on all disabling athletic injuries on proper forms and submits to athletic coordinator and school nurse within 24 hours.
- Education: No Minimum Requirement.
- Experience: Previous coaching experience in assigned sport desirable.
- License or Certification: Certification in care and prevention of athletic injuries, basic first-aid, CPR and AED.