- Previous experience playing and/or coaching Football at the high school level or higher.
- First Aid & CPR certification. Maine Department of Education valid fingerprinting and CHRC approval.
- NFHS Fundamentals of Coaching Principles Certification.
- NFHS Heat Illness Prevention Certification.
- NFHS Sudden Cardiac Arrest Certification.
- NFHS Concussion in Sport Certification.
- NFHS Protecting Students from Abuse.
- Follow and implement all rules and policies within the school & athletic handbooks.
- Help Varsity Head coach w/ Equipment inventory & management.
- Communicate travel arrangement & schedule with Athletic Department staff.
- Implement school athletic Code of Conduct.
- Make sure roster and students comply with AD’s office.
- Ensure athletic participation fee payment by athletes in conjunction with AD’s office.
- Help in the distribution of team rosters, contest schedules and descriptions of contest locations to all players and parents.
- Properly communicate with students and parents as it relates to the SHS communication guide.
- Monitor athlete attendance/behavior/academic status as communicated by the athletic department.
- Communicate all student-athlete injuries to the Athletic Trainer and/or athletic office.