- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
- Valid Arkansas teaching certificate with required endorsements for sport and level assigned:
- Preferred teaching area(s): Math and Science.
- Coaching license from ADE or coaching credentials from AAA.
- Possess a CDL with proper bus driver certifications.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Demonstrate effective customer service strategies to all district patrons.
- Foster collegiality and team building among staff; encourage their active involvement in the decision-making process.
- Communicate and promote expectation for high-level performance from students; hold students accountable for high performance; recognize excellence and achievement.
- Articulate a clear direction for all students and staff; articulate a positive image of the school district and school district personnel.
- Use a variety of instructional techniques and media to meet the needs and improve the abilities of student athletes in the sport assigned.
- Manage and supervise athletic activities, contests, and practice sessions to promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, and good sportsmanship.
- Work with other members of school staff to plan and put in place instructional goals and objectives to ensure the overall educational development of student athletes.
- Establish performance criteria for competition and evaluate students’ athletic abilities initially and on a regular basis.
Shirley School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws.