Under the direction of the Aquatic Director and/or Coordinator, the Swim Coach builds relationships with all YMCA constituents and develops character by instructing competitive swimming skills for those who have successfully completed the swim team tryouts.
- EFFECTIVELY motivates and encourages swimmers to excel. ABILITY to supervise up to 25 swimmers (ages 7-17) with control and enthusiasm while maintaining safety precautions.
- ABILITY to use proper technical and mechanical skills when demonstrating swimming skills and developing practice sessions.
- ENSURES that YMCA Aquatics Safety policies and pool operating procedures are enforced at all times. Safety of participants and employees is the single overriding objective.
- REPORTS to the Aquatic Director any job related concerns with participants, volunteers, members or co-workers.
- ACTS as a role model among swimmers, parents, staff, volunteers, and members.
- ATTENDS all required staff meetings and in-service trainings.
- MEETS with swim team parents quarterly to discuss issues pertaining to the swim team.
- RECORDS meeting minutes and REPORTS details to Aquatics Director.
- PERFORMS inventory of swim team supplies/equipment; REPORTS needs to Aquatic Director in a timely manner.
- Must have a minimum of 4 years of competitive swimming experience.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age with a high school diploma and meet the minimum job requirements.
- Current YMCA or American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification.
- Current CPR for the Professional Rescuer (includes AED).
- First Aid Certification.