Assistant Coaches will help with all aspects of operating a successful swim team including maintaining positive relationships with swim team members, parents and the community.
- Exemplify the character values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility in all relationships.
- Must serve as a role model for youth with the ability to demonstrate the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility and have a positive and encouraging nature.
- Understand the developmental needs of and be able to work effectively with children of various ages (5-18).
- Help implement all competitive swim team programs with the intent to develop and build the program.
- Assist with swim team meets when needed.
- Work with the Head Swim Coach to promote the swim team.
- Attend required staff meetings Positively represent the YMCA.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- At least 16 years of age.
- Experience with the competitive swimming.
- Have strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Be able to communicate effective orally and in writing.
- Must have or obtain the following certifications within 6 months.
- CPR/AED for Lifeguards (Professional Rescuers).
- Coaching Certification: YMCA Principles of Competitive Swimming & Diving and/or USA Swimming Certification.