The full-time Aquatics Coordinator/Head Swimming & Diving Coach is responsible for the overall management and oversight of swimming and diving facility at the Yanitelli Recreational Life Center, including all staffing and programming, and other responsibilities as assigned by the Associate AD for facilities and Operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Hire, schedule, supervise and train the life guard staff; coordinate payroll for the lifeguards.
- Maintain the pool and filter room in conjunction with the Maintenance staff and the Assistant AD for Facilities, and conduct regular water tests.
- Implement aquatics programming including swim lessons, certification classes, etc.
- Maintain risk management analysis of the pool and filter room; make necessary requests. and suggestions to the Director of Recreational Life; conduct emergency planning and training for the pool.
- Schedule hours of pool operations and devise pool policies to be approved by the Director of Recreational Life.
- Generate income through the regular rental of the pool to outside groups; coordinate and schedule the seamless integration of these groups into pool operations.
- Bachelor’s degree required but Master’s degree preferred in Physical Education, Recreation, Exercise Science or a related field.
- A minimum of three years’ experience is required in pool facility operations and coaching swimming and diving.