The Swim Coach conducts practices for acac members and guests as part of acac’s Dolphin Club Program (or Summer League Swim Team programs) following the head coach’s guidelines. The Swim Coach works with children of different ages and ability levels so that they progress effectively to higher levels of swimming.
- Maintain vigilance while conducting practice in order to maintain constant control of the group and emphasize safety at all times.
- Conduct effective and progressive swim practices.
- Arrive to work at least 5 minutes before prior to start of practice.
- Be visible on the pool deck and accessible to answer swim team related questions.
- Have equipment ready before practice and clean up after.
- Greet participants as they arrive.
- Follow head coach guidelines as assigned for each practice.
Required competencies, education, and experience:
- Safety Training for Swim Coaches (STSC) Required.
- Current or expired Red Cross WSI certification preferred.
- Prior teaching and/or coaching experience may be substituted in lieu of certification.
- Superior customer service skills; ability to work with both children and adults.
Acac is an equal opportunity employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.