To support the Head Men’s Basketball Coach in establishing and successfully coaching a Basketball program within the guidelines of the Grand View University Athletics Department that adheres to the mission of the University. Assist the Sports Information Director in promoting the advancement of Grand View University through athletic achievements and create opportunities for the marketing of Grand View University.
Essential Functions of Job:
- Assist in the Sports Information Department.
- Keep GV athletic website updated with scores, recaps, news within expected timeframe.
- Communicate with coaches of assigned sports in regards to results, scheduling, sports information updates (rosters, news, signings, etc.)
- Maintain consistent and effective communication with Sports Information Director, coaches, and staff.
- Perform administrative duties as assigned.
- Follow college procedures associated with the purchase of equipment.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred.
- Must be able to interact well with students, parents, faculty and staff.
- Successful coaching experience at the high school or college level and participation in basketball at the college level required.