The Assistant/Associate Athletic Director for Administration, a key member of the department’s leadership team, will be responsible for providing direction in the areas of financial operations, purchasing, travel, human resources, strategic planning and the development of internal policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with Finance Division in the areas of budgeting and budget management, forecasting and planning.
- Maintain daily oversight over the department’s purchasing and accounts payables (including managerial responsibility of 1 staff member).
- Assist with internal controls, including developing policies and procedures, within the business office and ticket office.
- Approve expenditures.
- Ad Hoc Reporting.
- Financial benchmarking and analysis.
- Manage the coordination of the department’s human resources activities including job postings, recruitment, development of job descriptions, compensation analysis, bonus structures, hiring, performance evaluations, on-boarding, off-boarding and professional development.
- Department’s liaison to the Office of Human Resources.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 4-8 years related work experience in athletic administration and intercollegiate athletics.
- At least 6 years of experience in the areas of business operations, human resources or strategic planning is preferred.
- Ability to analyze financial data and trends and present financial information.
- Experience with budget management.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work cooperative with various internal units and external constituents.