The Assistant/Associate Athletic Director is responsible for assisting the Director of Athletics in providing strategic direction and execution of vision for the athletic department. This individual will serve as a member of the department’s leadership team and oversee a variety of administrative tasks within the department.
- Serve as a member of all athletic department hiring committees.
- Oversee the following areas: athletic training, gameday operations, athletic media relations and strength and conditioning, campus recreation and club sports, concessions.
- Oversee student-athlete programming and execution of all required student-athlete education.
- Serve as an additional game manager when overlapping and/or major athletic events occur.
- Oversee the distribution and collection of game contracts.
- Oversee the coordination of department awards and end of year award ceremony/banquet.
- Serve as the primary contact with the department apparel provider on the utilization of any promotional items.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent organizational, oral, written, electronic communication and presentation skills.
- 3+ years of previous experience in athletics and/or management/administration.
- Understanding of the higher education/college/university environment.