The purpose of the Assistant/Associate Athletic Director for Communications job is to ensure that the University assets are protected through adherence to applicable external and internal regulations and appropriate external representation of ULM Athletics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directing the athletic communications office with the publicity and media relations efforts for selected teams.
- Coordinating all publicity and communications for selected programs, including media relations and media training for student-athletes and coaches.
- Developing and implementing creative media/public relations strategies.
- Producing editorial content related to assigned sports for media guides, news releases and official website.
- Nominating student-athletes and coaches for conference and national awards. Traveling to designated away events as media liaison.
- Overseeing and directing student assistants assigned to help with selected sports.
- Leading the athletic communications office with its digital communications efforts:
- Developing and implementing creative digital communications strategies including, but not limited to, web site, social media and digital publications.
- Providing support to official web site initiatives including strategies, editorial content, design and updating of historical data.
- Minimum qualifications includes a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree preferred; collegiate experience preferred;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of communication and marketing best practices;
- Organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and details effectively;
- Ability to effectively interact with a wide variety of constituencies;
- Must maintain a thorough knowledge of NCAA, Sun Belt, and ULM rules and regulations.
- Ability to establish and maintain a presence on social media.