- Oversee all game management activities. Serve as sports event director for select athletic sports programs.
- Ensure customer service focus when working with gameday attendees (fans/donors) as well as collaborating with teammates (athletics and campus staff members). Interpret, instruct and effectively communicate complex rules, regulations, and guidelines to ensure sports events are played fairly and uninterruptedly, and in a safe environment for teams and spectators.
- Organize, coordinate, and manage all facets and factions involved in an Athletic event.
- Determine appropriate resolution to game day complaints and problems.
- Research and collect information, and create brochures and packets for visiting teams and officials, identifying local hotels, rental car agencies, restaurants, theatres, places of interest, etc.
- Manage sport event game day budgets.
- Coordinate, in conjunction with PUPD/Emergency Preparedness, safety, and security of athletic events.
- Manage game day staffing contracts with an outside vendor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports Administration, Sports Management, or a related field.
- Minimum of six years of experience in sport event planning, sports administration, scheduling athletics events, or related experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate with coaches, student-athletes, administrators, staff, and parents.
- Ability to plan and organize work to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to read, instruct, analyze, interpret, and effectively communicate complex rules, regulations, and guidelines while adhering to University, Big Ten Conference, and NCAA policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Must be able to demonstrate planning, organizing problem-solving, project management, quality control, data collection, public relations, and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to influence and build work relationships among a diverse workforce at all levels.