The Associate Head Coach, Tennis position provides assistance to the Director of Tennis with activities including practice, matches, and recruitment. This position is integral to the development of the individual student-athlete both mentally and physically. This position provides teaching and mentoring to team members to drive them to perform at their highest.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist is mentoring and teaching student-athletes the techniques and game of tennis.
- Assist in recruiting student-athletes.
- Coordinate practice, travel, and game schedules in coordination with the Athletics Facilities staff and student-athlete class schedules.
- Manage compliance logs and other required paperwork based on NCAA and conference requirements. Ensure all requirements are met on a timely basis.
- Monitor, and report to head coach, academic performance of student-athletes through collaboration with Athletics Academics staff.
- Work with the Director of Tennis and other staff members to create a culture of winning and success for the tennis program.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous coaching experience required with 2-3 at the Division 1 level.
- Strong knowledge of the game of tennis.
- Ability to develop effective training programs for student-athletes to develop to highest potential.
- Ability to drive culture based on the head coach’s vision.
- Ability to work nights/weekends and required to travel for recruiting and competition.